Our Goals For The Children
The specific goals for the children who attend our school include the following:
- To develop a positive attitude toward learning.
- To develop a sense of high self esteem.
- To build habits of concentration for lifelong study skills.
- To develop and foster an abiding curiosity.
- To develop habits of initiative and persistent achievement.
- To foster inner discipline and a sense of order.
- To develop sensory-motor skills in order to sharpen the ability to discriminate and judge.
- Courtesy and respect toward themselves, their peers and adults.
- To acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning.
- To help develop each child’s innate, ultimate potential through positive and realistic self expectations.
Education is a natural process carried out by the human individual, and is acquired not by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment.
Our school is open every weekday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm but families have the option to enroll for the timeframe that works best for the child and the family*:
8:30 am – 2:30 pm
7:00 am – 5:30 pm
Our daughter went to Summersun after we fell in love with the school from our first experience with our son. The benefits of Montessori Philosophy help build self confidence and life skills. We feel fortunate to have been able to have Summersun staff and the Montessori Philosophy help in cultivating our daughters learning.”
Summersun Montessori is supported, in part, by community participation in two fundraisers. Wreaths and poinsettias are sold during the winter holiday season. Fresh flower baskets are sold in the spring time. If you would like to be notified when these fundraisers are underway, please contact us. Your participation is greatly appreciated, and supports educational developments at Summersun Montessori.
As a non-profit, we rely on the support of our parent community to keep our school running at its best. Summersun parents not only make up the bulk of our board of directors, but also volunteer an average of 20 hours per year to the school, participate in our two yearly fundraisers, and donate the equivalent of a month’s worth of tuition as a tax-deductable gift to the school. Summersun parents rock!